Kindergarten Immunization Requirements for School Year 2022-2023
Your child’s health is important to us. It is well known that healthy children are in a better position to take advantage of the educational opportunities presented to them than children who are physically or emotionally struggling.
Immunizations are used to protect your children against certain diseases as well as other children in the school. In accordance with state law, you are required to furnish—no later than the first day of school after your child’s enrollment— proof of your child’s immunization status, either as a written document from the health care provider who administered the immunizations or documentation provided from the state immunization data registry. Please furnish the immunization paperwork BEFORE the first day of school on AUGUST 10, 2022. By doing so, this will prevent any interruption to your child’s attendance at the start of the school year.
**Immunizations may be obtained from your family doctor, St. Joseph County Health Department, or other area clinics. Please call the school health office for resources.
Minimum Immunization Requirements:
- 5 doses of DtaP/DTP/DT (4 doses are acceptable if the fourth dose was administered on or after the fourth birthday)
- 4 doses of Polio (3 doses are acceptable if the third dose was on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose and only one type of vaccine was used. The final dose must be administered on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose!)
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B (the 3rd dose of Hep B must be after the age of 24 weeks)
- 2 doses of MMR (on or after the first birthday)
- 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox)-(on or after the first birthday and separated by 3 months or written physician documentation of the month and year of disease)
- 2 doses of Hepatitis A (The minimum interval between the dose #1 and dose #2 is 6 calendar months)
- Annual influenza
Questions about immunizations can be directed to the school health office.