In-District Transfer Request
Please use the following form to request transfer of a student from one School City of Mishawaka (SCM) elementary location to another SCM elementary location. You will need to use a separate form for each student requesting transfer.
Requests will be accepted from March 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. Hard copies are available at all SCM elementary locations and the SCM Administration Center as well as a digital form below. Parents/guardians will be notified of the decision regarding their transfer request during the month of April 2020.
For questions or concerns in regard to In-District Transfer Requests, please contact Miranda Szajko at 574-254-4521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCM In-District Transfer Guidelines:
- Every effort will be made to place your child in the school requested.
- SCM will attempt to keep families together in the same building.
- Class size will be determinig factor in acceptance of this request.
- Once a transfer is approved, it will become permanent for the school year, unless factors influencing the educational program or student wellbeing makes the transfer no longer possible.
- It is parent responsibility to provide transportation and ensure that their child arrives at school on time every day.
- In-District Transfer students may be re-assigned at any point during the school year to a different building should enrollment figures or other conerns warrant the re-assignment.