The Engineering & Technology Department offer the following courses:
- Computers in Design and Production (CAD A)
- Architectural Drafting and Design I (CAD I) VU DRAF
- Architectural Drafting and Design II (CAD II) VU DRAF 150
- Introduction to Communication
- Design Processes (R&D)
- Engineering Design & Development (non PLTW)
- Introduction to Construction
- Introduction to Manufacturing Systems (Wood Shop)
- Intro to Advanced Manufacturing (2nd Year Wood Shop)
- Techology Enterprise
- Construction Technology I & II IvyT CONT 101/102
- Project Lead the Way
- Introduction to Engeering Design/IvyT DESN 101
- Principals of Engineering/IvyT DESN 2014
- Civil Engineering and Architecture/IvyT DESN 105
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing/IcyT ADMF116
- Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering Design and Development
- Industrial Automation and Robotics I
More information on each course is available in the Course Offering Guide.
The Mishawaka High School’s Engineering class have been designing fuel efficient vehicles since 2000, competing in both High School and University events. The vehicle has a carbon fiber body and a total vehicle weight of 65-lbs. The class record is 972 miles-per-gallon.
The class provides engineering and technology students with a challenging design project that involves the development and construction of a single-person, fuel-efficient vehicle. Vehicles are powered by a small four-cycle engine. Students have the opportunity to set a world fuel economy record and increase public awareness of fuel economy. Engines are donated by Briggs & Stratton.