Welcome to the Mishawaka High School Early College Program
MHS has had a significant dual credit program for several years in partnership with Indiana University, Ivy Tech Community College and Vincennes University. A recent expansion of the dual credit program at MHS now makes it possible for a student to earn a one-year certificate or an Associate’s degree in General Studies through Ivy Tech at little or no cost to the student. Additionally, Early College (EC) students have the option to earn an Associate’s degree through Bethel College with their REACH program.
For more information, you can compare the options of the Dual Credit Program vs. Early College High School Program.
Indiana Early College Credit Report 2021 This report focuses on students who graduated high school in Indiana in 2018. It provides updated data on topics such as:
- The number of Indiana high school graduates who earn early college credit and the type of credit they earn
- Student demographic breakdowns showing early college credit opportunities for students of color and from various socioeconomic backgrounds
- College persistence and success metrics for dual credit earners
- How long it takes students who earn early college credit to graduate from college
- Potential cost savings for students, families and the state of Indiana
- The impact of endorsed Early College High Schools
Find information about the courses you have to take to "Start as a Sophmore" and earn the STGEC HERE
Find the Ivy Tech official policy for the Associate's degree HEREThis is the MHS course tracker for the STGEC and the Associate's degree.To use it, make a copy, rename it with your last name, first name and store it in your Google drive. When you've earned credits, put them in the C columns and when you're in a class but haven't earned the credit yet, put the credit numbers in the IP (in progress) columns. Total credits earned and in progress will calculate at the bottom. For best results, share this with Mrs. Mann (firstname.lastname@example.org), your guidance counselor, and Jonathan Joyner (email@example.com):
Curious about Early College and Transcripts and why you need them? You can learn about transcripts here!If you are attending an Indiana University school and find that your admissions counselor or academic advisor is unfamiliar with the STGEC or TSAP program, please give them this helpful information created by IU for students like you.