What Instructional Coaching Looks Like in School City of Mishawaka...
COMMITMENT TO STUDENT-CENTERED APPROACH TO COACHING
SCM Instructional Coaches will build partnerships with teachers to work together to reach goals for student learning. Coaches are teachers who still teach in the classroom and are non-evaluative. The focus of the work between teachers and coaches is on using data and student work to analyze progress and collaborate to make informed decisions about instruction that is differentiated and needs-based.
COACHING IS COACHING ISN'T A partnership Evaluative Focused on student learning Focused on making teachers do things Good for our students About fixing teachers Outcomes and standards-based A waste of time Driven by the teachers' goals Driven by the administrator, coach, or district Flexible and responsive Fixed and inflexible Fun and interesting Something to avoid
THE ROLE OF AN INSTRUCTIONAL COACH DEFINED
MEET THE TEAM
- Amanda Stephens - Elementary Instructional Coach
- Cara Patton - Literacy Coach at Emmons Elementary School
- Niki Jellison - Elementary Instructional Coach
- Jeff Glenn - JYMS Instructional Coach
- Brittany Duff - JYMS Instructional Coach
- Dee Dee Gerber - MHS Instructional Coach
- Shelley Yoder - MHS Instructional Coach
- Jeff Halicki - MHS Instructional Coach
- Pat Hahn - MHS Instructional Coach