Grades 7-12 In-Person Learning
Click one of the logos below for detailed in-person learning schedules and information beginning February 25, 2021.
The following information was sent to Mishawaka families on Feruary 10, 2021:
February 10, 2021
Dear Mishawaka Families,
From the start of this pandemic, we have held a strong belief that students learn best when they are in our schools learning from our highly qualified teachers and dedicated support staff. As of this afternoon, St. Joseph County’s Advisory Level reflects the status of Yellow. Counties in the yellow represent moderate community spread indicating schools can operate all grades, in person.
Tonight, the School City of Mishawaka (SCM) Board of School Trustees voted unanimously to approve the phased transition of our secondary students back to in-person learning four days a week beginning Thursday, February 25.
MORE TO KNOW:
- Students in grades 7-12 will attend four days a week beginning February 25 - April 1, with Wednesdays being 100% virtual for all students.
- Students in grades 7-12 will transition to five days of in-person learning beginning Monday, April 12, following our scheduled spring break.
- Students in grades 7-12 who are currently 100% virtual may elect to continue with virtual learning or will have the option to return to the building for in-person learning. More information from building principals will be shared next week.
- Daily start/end times for JYMS and MHS will remain the same.
- Mishawaka’s seven elementary schools continue to successfully educate students in-person, five days a week. There is no change in plans for our elementary school students.
We are grateful to our students, staff, and community members who continue to wear masks, practice social distancing and avoid large gatherings to provide a safe environment to all students who choose Mishawaka Schools.
Be Well and Stay Safe,
Superintendent of Schools