Indiana's Call & Learn
Call and Learn returns September 15, 2020, to aid students with homework challenges caused by coronavirus. The toll-free hotline provides one-on-one help to Indiana students by linking them with volunteers from the Indiana Retired Teachers Association (IRTA), retirees of AFT Indiana, and ISTA. This program is available to K-12 students by telephone during COVID-19 remote-learning directives.
- Students and parents can call 877-40-STUDY (877-407-8839) toll-free to request assistance from a volunteer educator.
- The Call & Learn Hotline is open from 1:00 p.m. EST – 5 p.m. EST, Tuesday through Thursday.
- K-6 students are paired with a general education teacher.
- Grades 7-12 connect with a mentor with expertise in math, science, language arts, and social studies.
- The program ensures anonymity and also records the calls, protecting both students and educators.