Thank you for selecting School City of Mishawaka as the place to send your child for their education. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities available to you and your child. Involved parents are critical in creating outstanding schools. Please read through the information below regarding non-resident enrollment. At the bottom of the page is a non-resident enrollment request form you can submit online.
In addition to current openings, School City of Mishawaka (SCM) will make priority the following non-resident enrollment requests:
- Students who have a parent who is employed by SCM.
- Students who were accepted for enrollment and attended an SCM school during the prior academic school year, may continue to be enrolled in the following academic year without additional requests.
- Students who reside in the same home with another student who was accepted for enrollment and attended an SCM school during the prior academic school year, may request enrollment at any time during the school year.
- A Parent/Guardian requesting enrollment of a student who resides outside of the SCM boundaries must complete a Non-Resident Enrollment Request.
- Please complete an application for each child in your family requesting enrollment.
- The parent, guardian, custodian or student agrees to provide his/her own transportation to and from school.
- This form is to submit for approval to the School City of Mishawaka Corporation. Upon approval of the enrollment request, you will need to register your child at the school they have been assigned.
- You will be notified in a timely manner once the application has been reviewed.
- Students will not be accepted solely for athletic purposes.
- Enrollment requests will be gathered March 1-31 and reviewed in April for placement in the upcoming school year.
- The approval/denial process for consideration of enrollment can take up to 30 days.
All of the following documentation may be reviewed upon assessment of this application:
- Complete attendance records for the last 12 months.
- Complete discipline records for the last 12 months.
- Documentation of special education services including speech (IEP), 504, intervention plan, and/or behavioral plan (if applicable).
ENROLLMENT REQUEST DENIALS
The Superintendent shall deny a transfer request based on one or more of the following criteria:
- The student has had ten (10) or more days of suspension or expulsion over the last 12 months.
- The student has been suspended for causing physical injury, drug or alcohol violations, or weapons.
- The student has had twelve (12) or more days of unexcused absences in the last 12 months.
RETURN APPLICATION and QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
If completing a paper version of this form, return the application and all supporting documentation to the address or fax below. Please contact the number listed below with any questions or concerns.
Non-Resident Student Admission Request
Attn: Miranda Szajko
School City of Mishawaka
1402 S. Main St.
Mishawaka, IN 46544-5241
Phone: (574) 254-4521
Fax: (574) 254-4582
NON-RESIDENT ENROLLMENT OPENINGS
School Corporation Name: School City of Mishawaka
Corporation Number: 7200
School Board Approval: 02/08/23
Forms can be filled out digitally by clicking on the link below or application packets may be picked up Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Administration Center, 1402 S Main St, Mishawaka, IN 46544. Contact 574-254-4500 with any questions. Parents/guardians will be notified by mail or email if their child's request is accepted.
Students shall be accepted for the second semester of the 2023-2024 school year if openings are available at the requested grade level, while governed by I.C. 20-26-11-32 and SCM Policy 5111 (Eligibility of Resident/Non-Resident Students).
- SCM will ONLY accept new transfer students for the first semester.
- New transfer requests will NOT be accepted at LaSalle Elementary School unless they already have family members (from the same household) attending there.
NUMBER OF OPENINGS FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR:
- Kindergarten: 120 students
- 1st Grade: 25 students
- 2nd Grade: 55 students
- 3rd Grade: 10 students
- 4th Grade: 55 students
- 5th Grade: 20 students
- 6th Grade: 70 students
- 7th Grade: 30 students
- 8th Grade: 40 students
- 9th Grade: 40 students
- 10th Grade: 40 students
- 11th Grade: 25 students
- 12th Grade: 0 students
NOTE: When filling out the enrollment request form, make sure to select the appropriate school year.