Thank you for selecting School City of Mishawaka as the place to send your child for their education. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities available to you and your child. Involved parents are critical in creating outstanding schools. Please read through the information below regarding non-resident enrollment and at the bottom of the page is a non-resident enrollment request form you can submit online.
In addition to current openings, School City of Mishawaka (SCM) will accept enrollment requests from Non-Resident Students in the following categories in accordance with I.C. 20-26-11-32 and SCM Policy 5111 (Eligibility of Resident/Non-Resident Students).
- Students who have a parent who is employed by SCM.
- According to current Indiana Law, students who fall into the following categories pertaining to the student being grandfathered into the SCM district.
- Students who were accepted for enrollment and attended a SCM school during the prior academic school year.
- Students who reside in the same home with another student who was accepted for enrollment and attended a SCM school during the prior academic school year.
- Students who attended an accredited non-public school within the SCM attendance area during the prior academic school year.
- Students who reside in the same home with another student who attended an accredited non-public school within the SCM attendance area during the prior academic school year.
- A Parent/Guardian requesting enrollment of a student who resides outside of the SCM boundaries must complete a Non-Resident Enrollment Request and submit it to the SCM Administrative Center. Transfers will be considered for enrollment at all times.
- Please complete an application for each child in your family requesting enrollment.
- The parent, guardian, custodian or student agrees to provide his/her own transportation to and from school.
- This form is to submit for approval into the School City of Mishawaka Corporation. Upon approval of the enrollment request, you will need to register your student at the school they have been assigned.
- You will be notified within a timely manner once the application has been reviewed.
- Students will not be accepted solely for athletic purposes.
All of the following documentation may be reviewed upon assessment of this application:
- Complete attendance records for the last 12 months
- Complete discipline records for the last 12 months
- Documentation of special education services including speech (IEP), 504, intervention plan, and/or behavioral plan (if applicable)
ENROLLMENT REQUEST DENIALS
The Superintendent shall deny a transfer request based on one or more of the following criteria:
- The student has had ten (10) or more days of suspension or expulsion over the last 12 months.
- The student has been suspended for causing physical injury, drug or alcohol violations, or weapons.
- The student has had twelve (12) or more days of unexcused absences in the last 12 months.
RETURN APPLICATION and QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
If completing a paper version of this form: Return application and all supporting documentation to the address or fax below. Please contact the number listed below with any questions or concerns.
Non-Resident Student Admission Request
School City of Mishawaka
1402 S. Main St.
Mishawaka, IN 46544-5241
Attn: Miranda Szajko
Phone: (574) 254-4521
Fax: (574) 254-4582
NON-RESIDENT ENROLLMENT OPENINGS
School Corporation Name: School City of Mishawaka
Corporation Number: 7200
School Board Approval: February 24, 2021
Beginning March 8, 2021, forms can be filled out digitally by clicking on the link below or application packets may be picked up Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM at the Administration Center, 1402 S Main St, Mishawaka, IN 46544. Contact 574-254-4500 with any questions. Parents/Guardians will be notified by mail no later than April 30, 2021 if their child's request was accepted. Parents will then be notified no later than May 28, 2021 in what school location their child has been placed.
Non-Resident Enrollment Request forms must be received by April 15, 2021 to be processed for the enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year. Students shall be accepted through the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year if openings are available in the requested grade level, while governed by I.C. 20-26-11-32 and SCM Polic 5111 (Eligibility of Resident/Non-Resident Students).
NUMBER OF OPENINGS FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
- Kindergarten - 150
- 1st Grade - 50
- 2nd Grade - 100
- 3rd Grade - 50
- 4th Grade - 100
- 5th Grade - 100
- 6th Grade - 100
- 7th Grade - 100
- 8th Grade - 100
- 9th Grade - 100
- 10th Grade - 100
- 11th Grade - 100
- 12th Grade - 100
Begin your journey with School City of Mishawaka now!