Mask Mandate Changes & COVID Vaccine Clinics
The following information was shared with SCM families on November 15, 2021
Dear SCM Families,
Throughout the pandemic there have been many changes to policies and procedures. Masks optional, masks mandatory, fourteen day quarantine, ten day quarantine, contact tracing at six feet and then changed to three feet. It can sometimes be hard to keep up with the changing guidelines. But, throughout all of these changes, decisions have been made for the health and safety of our students and staff.
(POTENTIAL) UPCOMING MASK MANDATE CHANGES
The current executive order from Governor Holcomb regarding the state public health emergency is set to expire on November 30, 2021. IF the state public health emergency is not extended beyond November 30, 2021, the following changes would take effect at School City of Mishawaka:
- December 1, 2021: School City of Mishawaka would adopt a mask optional policy for all extra-curricular activities scheduled outside of normal school hours, including athletics and fine arts.
- December 23, 2021 (end of Semester 1): School City of Mishawaka will adopt an indoor mask optional policy for all students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
We want to stress that the two changes above are dependent on Governor Holcomb NOT renewing the state public health emergency. Updates on quarantine and contact tracing guidelines will be shared at the December 8, 2021 School Board meeting, pending release from the Indiana State Department of Health. More information will be shared with you as we get closer to the December 1, 2021 date.
OPTIONAL COVID VACCINATION CLINICS
School City of Mishawaka, in partnership with Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center, is offering anyone age 5 and up in the School City of Mishawaka community an opportunity to receive the Pfizer COVID vaccination or booster shot. This voluntary event is to receive the FREE COVID vaccine or booster for those who are already vaccinated.
- By registering for your first dose of the COVID vaccine through the form below, you will automatically be registered for your second dose. Two doses of the Pfizer vaccine are needed to provide full immunization. An individual is considered fully protected 2-weeks after the second dose.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and a parent/guardian will need to sign a consent form.
- Anyone 18 and older must have your insurance information and picture ID with you at the time you receive your vaccine. If you do not have insurance, you will not be turned away.
- If possible, please print off and complete the registration form prior to arrival.
- More information can be found at MishawakaSchools.com/Immunizations.
Thank you to all of our SCM families for your continued patience and flexibility as we make the best decisions for the health, safety and continued successful learning of our students.
Superintendent of Schools