JYMS Student Live Virtual Schedule
The following letter was sent to JYMS families on November 23, 2020
November 23, 2020
Dear John Young Middle School Community,
I want to take this opportunity to update you with details about our “Virtual Learning Plan” that will take place November 30, 2020 - January 15, 2021.
Note: We plan to incorporate JYMS Second Semester Hybrid Plans beginning January 19, 2021.
VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE/REPORTING POSTIVIE COVID TEST:
- Attendance is required and will be taken by the teacher in the first 10 minutes of the assigned time for each class.
- Please report all absences to the JYMS attendance office (574-254-3600, option 1).
- If your middle school student tests positive for COVID during this time of virtual learning, we still ask for parents and guardians to please report these cases to us. We send these statistics to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) which they publish weekly on the ISHDH COVID School Dashboard. No identifiable, personal information is shared with the state, just the number of cases. We are also reporting this data daily on the mishawakaschools.com/COVIDdashboard.
- JYMS will have lunch pickup at 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM on virtual learning days.
- For those students who are unable to take advantage of the daily pickup, Mishawaka High School will have lunch pick-up on Monday and Thursday evenings at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
School City of Mishawaka will sponsor twelve months of internet access to families that receive free or reduced lunch through the national school lunch program at no cost to the family. Families can check for eligibility at www.internetessentials.com and contact their grade level assistant principal to request a promo code to begin the sponsored service (7th grade: Miss Litwin 254-3607 and 8th grade: Mr. Smith 254-3608). Email or call your school to get your code and instructions for getting started.
Technology support is available (call: 574-254-7795) Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
STUDENTS AND FAMILY SUPPORT RESOURCES:
Any family or student who is in need of social-emotional support during this challenging time, please reach out to our JYMS school counselors (7th grade: Ms. Smith 254-3618 and 8th grade: Ms. Schalliol 254-3617). For after-hours help, a listing of mental health and community resources are available at this link: Mental Health Resources.
If you have any questions or need support please call 254-3600. I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!