Food Service/Meal Distribution
School City of Mishawaka (SCM) will continue to provide meal services to SCM enrolled students during virtual learning. One important change from the spring is the expiration of specific USDA waivers that allowed school districts to offer meals to all students 18 years of age and under regardless of socioeconomic status. As a result, SCM will offer meals following the free/reduced/paid lunch status program as we would normally do so during the school year. Our Food Service Department has been working hard to develop a plan to ensure all SCM students receive a well-balanced breakfast and lunch.
- Meal distribution begins on August 12, 2020
- Student ID number of current SCM enrolled student is required for meal pickup
- Meals need to be prepaid through MySchoolBucks. All money needs to go to student accounts. We will not have the ability to take cash and/or make change on site.
This pickup option is best for those families wanting to pickup meals daily
- Location: All nine SCM schools
- Days: Monday - Friday
- What Served: Hot Lunch and Take-Home Breakfast
- Serving Times: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This pickup option is best for families that are not able to pickup meals daily
- Location: John Young Middle School
- Days: Monday and Thursday (pickup twice a week)
- Monday pickup: Six (6) meals (breakfast/lunch for 3 days)
- Thursday pickup: Four (4) meals (breakfast/lunch for 2 days)
- Serving Times: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Click the button below for the monthly menu. During virtual learning, menus will be the same for grades K-12.