How do I submit my report using CHIRP?

  • IC 20-34-4-6 specifies that each school corporation submit student immunization records into CHIRP. Student records may be entered manually or through an electronic import into the registry. See FAQ below for more information pertaining to the electronic imports into CHIRP. Schools are not required to submit any reports to ISDH because the coverage rates are pulled from the data submitted to the registry.

    Parents must provide consent under FERPA prior to a student’s record being added to the registry. Students with an existing record in CHIRP will only be included in the annual reporting once they are added to a school roster. More information about the FERPA law can be found on the IN Dept of Ed website: services/health/immunizations

    Back to questions