School City of Mishawaka (SCM) is proud to offer SCM Virtual Summer Learning Adventures to help prepare your child for next school year and beyond. Virtual Learning Adventures will also address potential learning loss that occurred because of school closures.
During these times, while we are not able to be in schools, we still want to provide the opportunity for children to connect, learn, and grow with an SCM teacher. Instruction will be delivered remotely and learning will be from the comfort of your own home from July 13-31 (M-F). Activities will be a blend of academic and social elements to keep kids engaged and learning. There is no cost for the Virtual Learning Adventures and no kits to pickup. It is important to understand that if you choose to participate you must have the ability as a family to meet these requirements*:
- Attend approximately 1 hour daily (Monday-Friday) virtual video calls in the morning between a time period of 9am-12pm (time to be determined by teachers).
- Complete the additional independent work (not to exceed an hour daily).
- Learn how and use the Canvas Learning Management System with tutorial, support material, or technology support helpline.
- Maintain consistent communication with your teacher.
- Complete and submit additional work on specified due dates.
*Please note if you cannot meet these requirements but are still interested, there is an alternative option available during the enrollment process.
This will not be the only opportunity that your child will have to close learning gaps. SCM has established plans to remediate skill gaps and create long-term goals to address learning loss for when students return to schools. Enrollment is available to all SCM students in grades 1-8. NOTE: Grades are what your child will be in for the 2020-2021 school year.
All questions and inquiries please direct to the SCM Summer Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to learning together this summer!