Spring 2019 ILEARN Results
Students in grades 3 – 8 participated in the Indiana Department of Education’s (IDOE) ILEARN assessments earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15, 2019.
In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment.
Requesting a rescore is optional and is not a requirement for the scoring of your student’s test.
School City of Mishawaka (SCM) will hold ILEARN Rescore Request appointments during the week of July 22 - 26, 2019. Parents or guardians who wish to view their students’ response images and scoring rubrics must contact the SCM Curriculum & Instruction Department to schedule an appointment at the Administration Center during the window of dates listed above. The IDOE is not providing a separate online portal this year for parents to access this information.
Please note that during the appointment, parents or guardians will only be able to view the following:
- an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item
- a sample of student responses for each score point
- the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item
Important Information about the rescore process:
- The rescore request, if desired, will be submitted by SCM on behalf of the parent or guardian
- Requesting a rescore may result in an increased or decreased score
- A rescore request cannot be reversed
- A rescore request can only be submitted once
- Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores
- All parents and legal guardians must sign a non-disclosure statement before viewing secure test materials, per the guidance of the IDOE
Again, requesting a rescore is optional and is not a requirement for the scoring of your student’s test. Please visit SCM Testing/Assessment for Families for more information on the ILEARN assessment or contact the SCM Curriculum & Instruction Department at 574-254-4533 to schedule an appointment to view your students’ ILEARN response images.