Social Media Disclaimer
Please review SCM's social media disclaimer before engaging on our social platforms.
We use social media platforms to share news and information, provide a lens into our outstanding schools, and engage with the SCM community around relevant topics. By using or accessing an SCM social media page, you agree to comply with that social media platform's terms and conditions. SCM managed social media accounts are not intended to circumvent standard communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns.
Please note that we are unable to monitor SCM social media accounts 24/7. If you are a student in crisis, please text TIP to 66746, call 800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359, or dial 911. Visit our Safe School Helpline page for more information.
We ask that all comments, private messages, and other interactions on SCM social media accounts be respectful and courteous. We reserve the right to remove or hide content that includes, but is not limited to:
- Individually identifiable student or staff information.
- Personal attacks against any person.
- Copyrighted material posted without permission.
- Confidential material.
- Spam, advertising, or commercial solicitations or information.
- Material, language, or images related to a political campaign.
- Allow others to use your identity for posting or viewing comments.
- Post links to other social networking sites that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Act as a spokesperson or impersonate a representative of the school corporation.
- Obscene, defamatory, harassing, discriminatory, violent, vulgar, hateful, or sexual material.
- Advocating the commission of a criminal act.
- Off-topic or disruptive remarks.
- Alter, modify, or otherwise change or use any post, comment, or message made by the corporation that results in a mirepresentation or change in the meaning of the original message.
- Promoting anything that violates or is contrary to School City of Mishawaka Board Policy.
We also reserve the right to temporarily block or ban users whose posts or comments on SCM social media pages fall within the above categories.
Students, please remember that social media is a topic covered in SCM’s Parent Student Handbook. Also, school administrators may be notified if a student’s online behavior is inappropriate.
All posts may be subject to the Indiana Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and records retention requirements. As a result, SCM may be obligated to retain posts in its records and/or to disclose them if requested.
By accessing, affiliating with or commenting on these social media pages, your identity may be visible to third parties not affilitiated with School City of Mishawaka. In addition, third parties may be able to access your profile and personal information. SCM is not responsible for access to your identity, profile, or personal information by third parties. It is the express responsibility of the user, or his/her parent or guardian, to protect the user's identity, profile, and personal information.
By participating in SCM managed social media, the user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless School City of Mishawaka, its affiiates, directors, employees, and successors against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgements, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of any claimg by a third party relating to any material user posted on the school sponsored sites.